Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gold in Quartz

Here is a mixed-media piece I've been playing with the past few days over the New Year's holiday weekend. Inspiration for this piece was from an article in my 'Lapidary Journal / Jewelry Artist' magazine' I added many layers. Fun!
'Gold in Quartz'
Digital photo
(Acrylic glazes, acrylic paint, soft gel medium, embossing fluid,
embossing ink, gold embossing powders, gold leaf.)

Inspied by Val's work using NG strips - I also used catalog strips from an old paper catalog I rediscovered in my stash. See Val's work and techniques at: Altered Heart Journey

2 comments:

Val Foster said...

Hello. I just love this piece, the texture is so yummy. Also love the colors. It thrills me to have inspired you to play around with this technic, and your beautiful piece inspires me. We should get together and play with it further. I live in Arvada, CO. Where do you live? Great job!

LuLu said...

So glad you like it!

Lets collaborate online - I'm in Chicago, IL - unemployed and have no funds for travel.

I'm trying to improve my drawing, but my backgrounds seem to be my strength at the moment!

Search Internet