Sunday, March 21, 2010

Drunken Scotch Technique

I found a new technique at: Kattoys I also saw this technique on another blog, too, which I can't find now, of course... I played with 5 liquid glues and Ranger's alcohol inks. What fun - smelly, but fun!


My fave was the sample using Aleene's Tacky Glue.

For these sample tests:
1. I punched scalloped circles from cardboard.
2. Painted circles with Ranger's Dabber in Gold and a few other colors. Let dry. 3. Applied glue all over with paint brush.
4. Applied 2-3 drops of 5 different Ranger Adirondack alcohol ink colors (not metallic). 5. Dried each sample with heat gun, encouraging bubbles.

Notes: I let finished samples dry overnight. The sample with Aleene's Tacky Glue is my fave, seems to have a lot of thick texture. Least fave was the sample with Modge Podge Gloss. I also like the crackling with the Craft Smart All Purpose sample. I plan to do a few more tests - at least one test with Elmer's White Glue and another test mixing a couple glues together.

What do you think of these textures? Have you ever tried this technique?

5 comments:

DragonflyzDreams said...

I like your examples and I too shall give them a try. I followed your link form the Altered Art Book giveaway and will make you a fav. I look your examples!

Smiles, Cyndi

LuLu said...

Hiwdy Cyndi,
Glad you found me - and thanks for commenting. Please come back to visit often.

Peace,
LuLu

SCRAPBOOKING RETREAT 2011 REGISTRATIONS: www.thescrapbookmanor.com
SCRAPBOOKING RETREAT 2011 RSVPs: www.scrap-a-thon.com
CROPPING CALENDAR: http://www.localendar.com/public/scrap-a-thon
MY ORIGINAL MUSIC: http://www.myspace.com/lougebhardtsband
BLOG: www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com/

UPCOMING SHOWS
Franklin Framing & Gallery, Blue Island, IL Sep 25 - Oct 23, 2010, Opening Reception: Sep 25, 2010 , 7pm-10pm

UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
'Beaded Jewelry 101: Beading Basics for Beginners': at Longwood Lodge Studios, Chicago, IL, 4th Saturday of every month, 12:30pm - 5:30pm, For details please email LuLu.

Cathy said...

LuLu
This is Altered Celtic Gypsy. Thanks for the comment. About the cards to the troops I made 50. I gave them to a woman at work that her son just re-inlisted for time over there. I asked her if she would send them to her son so he could pass out in his troops. She was more then happy to do that.

This looks like a fun thing to play with.
Cathy

Kimberly's Mixed Media Art said...

I really like this technique. Its amazing. I will try it today.
Drunken "Scotch", in my younger days that was my choice of spirit. Hee Hee Hee.
K.

LuLu said...

Howdy Kimberly,
Thanks for stopping by - and for your comment. Glad you like it!

The PDF file of the test images took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to create, but it DOES look good, if I must say so myself.

Peace,
LuLu

Search Internet