Tuesday, January 11, 2011

'LIT - List It Tuesday 1/11 - Nouveau Words!'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes

Howdy and welcome,

For LIT List IT Tuesday, I have seven new words to add to my vocabularly. Most are from watching a tv special over the holidays.



'Nouveau Words' -
Ingredients: Pigment marker on wallpaper sample,
scanned and tweaked digitally in Adobe PSE and Microsoft DIE

I love words. I love reading even dictionaries and thesauri. I love word games. I love languages. It's always neat to me when I find new words to add to my vocabulary. Imperium, diaspora, mestisos, presbyters, essene, eschatological, esprit d'escalier.

What about you? Do you enjoy reading? Do you enjoy the sound of the English language? or hearing  the sound of other languages? Sometimes I even speak French in my dreams!

I'd love to see your comments about this post - or any of my other posts.

Thanks for visiting. Followers are encouraged!

More LIT lists are here if you wanna take a gander.

Peace,
LuLu

4 comments:

S.E.Minegar said...

i like words too. i am fascinated by mavens out there who know the etymology and every nuance of cool words!

your new words look great on your piece as well! lovely.

storybeader said...

I love thesauruses. So many words for one meaning! Fun post! {:-D

aimee said...

great idea for a list! i love it!

Kelly said...

I love words too, and reading. I subscribe to "word-of-the-day" and get a new word sent to my email everyday!
Great page, very rich and vibrant in color.

Search Internet