Thursday, June 23, 2011

'35th Anniversary - hard to believe!'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes

Howdy and Welcome!

I've haven't posted for a while - but I am keeping busy. Since June 12, 2011, hubby and I are on vacation - and celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary.

I rarely post photos - prefering to show my artwork. But here' a photo from our wedding day in my grandmother's rose garden, 1976. Granny was the original family historian - and a scrapbooker!



I designed my wedding gown! My other grandmother's seamstress made the dress. I knew nothing about weddings or sewing. The fabric was too heavy - I was boiling hot. But very happy!

Thanks for stopping by and please come back again!

Peace,
LuLu

P.S. We just bought my first modern sewing machine - a Brother, on sale! There's an antique Singer treadle sewing machine in the basement - but that doesn't count. I still don't sew, but now at least I have a machine so I can try to realize my designs...

4 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

a blessed and joyful 35th anniversary to you and your hubby! in a world where there are so many broken marriages that is truly a reason to celebrate. hope you are having a wonderful vacation! (your comment that you were boiling hot made me laugh. i remember how heavy my gown was and how i had a backache the day after)!

Diane said...

A very Happy Anniversary to you--what a great achievement!!

Lillian M said...

Love that pic and your dress is beautifuland so r u!!!!
Happy belated anniversary
Lillian
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

reblake said...

That dress is so pretty. You look like an angel in it.

Search Internet