Monday, March 12, 2012

'Water Brushes a.l.a. LuLu!'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes


Howdy and welcome,

Have you seen the neat portable water brushes? You can find them in craft stores and online.

Last week, I saw a new water brush by Tim Holtz (Ranger). Looked like it would be a useful addition to my stash of art supplies - or would it???

Elmer's Paintastics!
Paint brush?! - or - water brush?!

At a cost of $10 for one brush, for a couple bucks more, you can buy a set of 10 brushes by Elmer's! I found a set of Elmer's Painsticks in my studio (bought the set at STAPLES office supply 2 years ago).

Just disassemble, empty out the paint (paint a quick backgound page in your art journal until empty) and fill with water. Or in my case, I fill with matte medium, or tinted acrylic glaze. Great tools for painting or embellishing in art journals on the road.

Pam Carriker talks about the water brush tool in her new DVD, too!

Have you ever used water brushes? Do you use them with water, as intended? How many different water brushes do you own? 
How many different solutions do you use in your water brushes? 
Do you fill them with water? Paint? Medium? Glue?

Another view of my main work station -
bright Northern exposure!

Would love for you to comment on this post - or please comment on any of my other posts. 

Shhhhhh! Can you keep a secret? My new Spring 2012 Giveaway is coming later this month!

Thanks for stopping by - come back again soon.
Peace,
LuLu

No comments:

Search Internet