Wednesday, July 18, 2012

'A Day of Tatoos and Tapes'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes

Howdy and welcome,

Well you know the saying about 'best laid plans'....This morning hubby and I realised that walking around the Art museum all day would be murder on my sprained ankle and his bum knee since he just had surgery. What were we thinking?!

So while hubby took a nap I worked on my job search. When he awoke we decided to drive in the opposite direction of downtown Chicago. We went shopping at the Michaels craft store in Tinley Park, IL. Hubby bought all the lovely goodies below for me!
Thank you, Hubble!



Goodies from Tinley Park's Michaels!

  • 2 jars of matte gel medium (regular and heavy) by Golden,
  • matte medium and glazing medium by Liquitex,
  • 3 packs of tatoos/decals,
  • 2 packs of tape runner refills,
  • 4 self-adhesive wallpaper borders (on sale for $1.99 each) - I'll use these as tape,
  • a roll of pattern Duck tape,
  • 2 great art books (one about collage and the other about mixed-media).

After the shopping spree, we drove through Tinley Park's quaint downtown and found a great restaurant for lunch.

We hope to get back to the Art Institute of Chicago again - eventually. And no, I'm not going to CHA. I've had invitations - but CHA doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Too crowded for my tastes!

YOUR TURN!
Have you ever used Golden's gel medium in your artwork? How did you use it? What about Liquitex's glazing medium? or Liquitex's matte medium? What's your fave glue for adhering tissue paper or napkins? What's your fave glue for adhering fabric? Do you every use fusible web? Misty Fuse? Have you used fusible web or Misty fuse on paper?!

Thanks for stopping by to visit - would love for you to comment - and please come back often. My '100 Followers Giveaway' is coming  later this summer!

Peace,
LuLu

No comments:

Search Internet