Tuesday, January 29, 2013

'Playful Purple!'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes

Howdy and welcome,

Last November I ordered some custom yarn to be handspun from a spinner on etsy. It's purple with gold thread, clear sequins, invisible thread and gold beads. Was hoping to get it in time crochet Christmas scarves, but it came too late.

I LOVE it. Planning to use it in a scarf I want to weave - hopefully in the fall, if I can get all the pieces to my old rigid heddle loom that I need (inherited 2 looms  from a friend).

Many months ago, I bought 2 Martha Stewart craft looms (with coupons) and connected them together to make a longer loom for weaving a scarf) But after warping the loom, I decided that I need to buy better tools than those that were included in the MS loom kit...I need some sort of rigid heddle to make a bigger shed (space) between the warp threads to pass the weft thread. The MS Loom kit comes with a type of comb that was ineffective. I tried using a ruler - which worked somewhat but I need something with notches like a comb. But all the combs I have with the correct space between the teeth are too large...Nice challenge.


YOUR TURN
Have you ever spun yarn? Have you ever woven on a rigid heddle loom? Have you tried SAORI weaving?

Thanks for stopping by - and check out my Giveaway in the right sidebar!
Spread the word!

Peace,
LuLu

No comments:

Search Internet