Monday, June 30, 2014

'Art Journal Workshop - and OTF Mixed Media Classes!'

by Mary Lou 'LuLu' Haynes


Here are some photos from the art journal workshop I attended in mid-June. This event was hosted by the organizer of our Art Journal Enthusiasts group at her art-filled home. In addition to working on my current art project, I taught several, quick, little mini-classes, all on-the-fly(OTF):

  1. Aging/Distressing paper
  2. Oil paper
  3. Acrylic glazes
  4. Gesso tinting
  5. Gesso Frottage
  6. Under-writing
  7. Collage composition


 MaryLee and Linda
 
 
 a palette - and a piece of my embossed and painted
 metal tape (upper right corner)
 
 
 Gelli plate (left)  with pulled packing tape prints (right)
 
 
 The kitchen island-worktable was also my makeshift OTF 'classroom'
 
 
I loved the textures and colors of dried up paint on this stamp (right)
 
 
Harriet and Debbie and Dahlia
 
 
MaryLee was a delightful hostess. We were all incredibly inspired during our play day. I was pooped by the time I got home, but I had a won-der-ful time!
 
Next month, I officially teach my DIY Washi Tape class to our AJE members!!!
 
 
 
YOUR TURN
Do you make art journals? Have you ever attended an art journal class, workshop or mixed-media class? What are your 3-fave mixed-media or art journaling techniques?
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Please leave a comment - and come back soon!
 
Peace,
LuLu
 
 
 

No comments:

Search Internet