Howdy and welcome,
Been gone a while over the holidays. A lot has happened and a lot of artwork has been produced. For WOYWW thought I'd share a few pages from an art journal.
I'm practicing image transfers again - this time using magazine/catalog photos and Golden's soft gel medium (gloss). I spread 3 thin layers on the image (horizontally, vertically and again horizontally) in addition to spreading a thin layer on the journal page. Placed image face down on page. Burnished all over with my fingers. Transfers seem to work better if the gel medium dries for at least 30 minutes. Then spritzed water and rubbed away paper layer. Don't peek...This technique worked great! I found this technique on youtube.com, books and mixed-media mags.
SOME STUFF I DID SINCE MY LAST POST
- Created 53 custom Note cards/Blank Greeting cards and gave 50 as Christmas gifts
- Enjoyed luxurious post-New Year's Day dinner with hubby - he prepared lobster tails and crab legs - and made a special trip to Bakers Square for carrot cake slices!
- Won my first contest of 2012 on New Year's Day - a scrapbook layout contest! Will post pic later.
- Endured outpatient breast surgery - pathology report was normal/benign - thank God! Slowly healing...
- Crocheted 4 long 'Dr Who' scarves. Will post pix later.
- Crocheted one beret - I hate it and plan to take it apart and re-do it. LOL :-)
- Prepped tapes (Scotch removable, clear packing, beige masking) with acrylic paint for my custom stamped designer tapes - not tissue tape. Pix later.
- Received a dozen yellow roses from hubby today for no reason!
Have you ever crocheted a beret/tam/cloche? How did your first crocheted hat turn out?
Do you ever use designer tape (7 Gypsies, Tim Holtz)? I love how translucent they are on my art journal pages!
Thanks for stopping by - please sign up as a Follower - and check my other posts for freebies!
Visit WOYWW here for more artist studios!